Review Checks and Balances by playing Federalism game ( SOL # 6 ), “Fling the Teacher ”. Once you have answered the fling questions correctly, move to task 2.
Click here to play:
Go to this link:
After you have completed the test, show your score to Mr. Pirrone and then you may move on to the next task.
Visit this site:
(Hint.. Click on the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial Branch links to find the answers)
Here are the Questions. Type the answer beside the corresponding number on your Word document.
- In this system of “separation of powers”, each branch acts ___________________ of each other.
- Name the 3 Branches of Government and who represents each one.
- What do the built in “checks and balances” prevent?
- What Article of the Constitution defines the powers of the (your answer should be the Number of the article):
- Executive Branch.
- Legislative Branch.
- Judicial Branch.
- Who does the President receive help from?
- What does the Legislative Branch of government have the authority to do?
- The Congress is bicameral. What does this mean?
- What are the 2 chambers of the Legislative Branch?
- What is the highest court in the country and who empowers it?
- What do the courts decide?
Once you have completed all 10 questions, print your answers and place your paper in the chair basket in the front of the room .
You may now go to SOL Pass and Play Games to review SOL 7 and 8.